Careers at SunsUp!
Welcome to the SunsUp family where “We Care Enough to Do It Right.” SunsUp is a growing corporation that has been in business and thriving since 1995. We are happy you have decided to explore a future with our growing corporation.
Career-oriented individuals will enjoy the fast-paced, exciting culture that has established SunsUp as the premiere tanning experience in the Northwest. Our mission at the corporate level is to serve our staff and to ensure our tanning consultants and executives exemplify; integrity, dedication and an excitement for customer service. Our employees help us provide customers with a complete tanning experience and are provided extensive training to educate customers and help them see the best results.
At SunsUp, our commitment to growth has resulted in implementation of training programs that are beneficial in reaching personal and professional growth. Programs include; company provided weekly customer service workshops, career path programs, leadership training, SMART Tan certification training as well as a nurturing team oriented atmosphere.
We provide flexible hours and also an opportunity to earn the hours best-suited for your life style. As a company we believe in achieving excellence and we recognize individuals in a variety of ways. Benefits include; personal performance bonus, district performance bonus, tanning benefits, trip incentives to amazing destinations and so much more. Upon fulfilling certain company requirements, employees may also be eligible for 401k, medical benefits and additional career support to benefit your personal advancement at SunsUp.
If you have a flair for providing excellent customer service and are looking for a company to guide you on a career path, SunsUp may be the perfect place for you. Why wait any longer?
Apply now or refer a friend for a chance to participate in our group interview with our friendly staff. It is a great opportunity to ask questions and decide if SunsUp is the right fit for you!
When it comes to benefits, SunsUp offers un-matched perks in the industry! All of our employees are trained to the highest standards, which leads to more knowledge and better sales! Our outstanding incentive programs offer opportunities beyond just a paycheck including:
- COMPETITIVE WAGES- UP TO $16/HR.
- UP TO $600/MO. IN WELLNESS AND FREE TANNING SERVICES
- PERSONAL BONUS OPPORTUNITIES
- PROFIT SHARING
- 401K OPPORTUNITIES
- PRODUCT DISCOUNTS
- EMPLOYEE REWARDS PROGRAM
- FRIENDS & FAMILY PERKS
- MONTHLY SALES INCENTIVES
- FLEXIBLE HOURS
- POTENTIAL INCENTIVE TRIPS: CALIFORNIA, LAS VEGAS, HAWAII
- MUCH MORE!!
This year our incentive trips included trips to California, Las Vegas and Hawaii!
NEWPORT BEACH VILLAS – https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxnc-marriotts-newport-coast-villas/
LAS VEGAS GRAND CHATEAU – https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/lasvg-marriotts-grand-chateau/
KO OLINA BEACH CLUB – koolina.com/
Assists on day-to-day operations of the tanning center, dispenses appropriate follow up actions towards all aspects of customer service. Communicates to all leadership and management with all daily figures and sales statistics.
- Attends mandatory monthly company meetings as scheduled. *
- Attends educational seminars and continues educational training as required by company. *
- Performs all tasks outlined above, up to and including leading by example and showing fellow employees and customers excitement in the company, its’ services and its’ practices. *
- Runs errands or group marketing and promotions of specific location as requested.*
- Maintains all duties specified on 30-day training packet and continuously focuses on daily practice of the contents found on the 30-day with leadership. *
- Follows all regulations pertaining to 30-day training packet including: SunsUp top rules, beds, SunsUp website, scheduling system, location software, opening/mid/closing procedures, key job responsibilities, bonuses and profit sharing, SmartTan program, and required daily and monthly paperwork.
- Performs daily chores as called out on the chore list and inspection sheet. *
- Complete typed 30-day training packet review, trainer review, and certification class prior to first day working alone. *
- Available to work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
Job Duties: Daily-
- Work behind the counter following all requirements and guidelines as a Tanning Consultant, including maintaining a minimum PTA, and provide excellent customer service.
- Make sure the stores daily chores are completed accordingly.
- Reply to all internal communications and communicate accordingly, report to Operation Lead and higher management when necessary on daily basis during or before shift ended.
- Must be able to stand and be on your feet for long periods of time, properly clean a tanning bed and lift at least 10 pounds.
In addition to skills associated with the position of a Wellness Consultant an employee must possess great organization skills, communication skills, and leadership abilities.
- Work a minimum of 35 hours a week
- Keep up to date on sales tactics and leadership information by volunteering time at sales workshops at least once a month.
Job Duties:• Work behind the counter following all requirements and guidelines as a Tanning Consultant, including maintaining at least a 1.75 PPTA and a 2.25 PSTA, and provide excellent customer service.
- Consistently lead by example by being supportive with any questions and concerns during daily operations which includes but is not limited to solving customer service issues.
- Make sure the stores daily chores are completed accordingly.
- Work on and complete the Decline Call list.
- Assist Operation Lead on working with new employees on their first opening & first closing shift.
- Assist Operation Lead on training Tanning Consultants following their training with the Corporate Trainer Monday-Friday
- Reply to all internal communications (elync) and communicate accordingly, report to Operation Lead and higher management when necessary on daily basis during or before shift ended.
In addition to skills associated with a Team Lead and Wellness Consultant employee must possess sales ability, great delegation skills, follow-up ability, great communication skills, ability to coach employees toward increased performance, and motivational leadership knowledge. Requirements:
- Must be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week
- Must be available to assist in training Monday through Friday
- Check schedule each morning to see who is working where.
- Be aware of electronic alerts for any late opening notification and contact employees to get it covered.
- Check in with team at the location for motivational sales encouragement or assist with low performance.
- Make sure store goals are being hit, monitor to avoid cancellations, call and confirm cancellations and try to save them.
- Reply to all internal and external communications and communicate accordingly
- Rarely work alone behind the counter, but if necessary, must follow all requirements and guidelines as a Tanning Consultant, Lead by example at all times by being supportive with any questions and concerns during daily operations which includes solving customer service issues.
- Work with new employees on their first opening & first closing shift
- Support Team Lead, delegate & follow up accordingly. Hold high accountability for lack of performance.
- Gather questions and concerns daily to bring to the corporate meeting on Mondays.
- Report to District Operation Sales Lead on daily basis during or before the shift ends.
- Check and see how the day ended for the location
- Be alert for electronic notification on store late closing and contact location and employee to verify it was taken care of.
- Sunday-Gather all the numbers and information needed for Monday Corporate Meeting
- Monday- Attend corporate meeting, update team with all information needed from the meeting, update each employee’s goals after receiving store goals from District Operation Sales Lead.
- Wednesday- Update schedule for the following week
- Thursday- Turn in completed Schedule for the following week to the District Operation Sales Lead no later than 12 pm.
- Friday – Complete budget for next week and turn in to District Operation Sales Lead no later than 10 am.
- Work last day of month to verify that the end of the month paperwork was gathered and faxed to corporate for the location.
- Return SD card to corporate for the location
- Follow up with Team Lead on the 2nd and 11th to verify that appropriate paperwork is faxed in from location
- Turn in Unpaid Charge on Accounts (COA) to corporate by the 26th of the month.